※※ 重複して受け取られた方はご容赦ください ※※

阪大の原です。

下記の通り、DEXA2005と併設して、「データベースと分散システム
における移動性」に関する国際ワークショップが開催されます。
開催場所はデンマーク・コペンハーゲンです。
投稿締切は3月11日(金)となっております。
是非、投稿をご検討ください。

原 隆浩

| 原 隆浩 (Takahiro HARA), 工学博士               |
| 大阪大学大学院情報科学研究科              |
| マルチメディア工学専攻 助教授                   |
| 〒565-0871 大阪府吹田市山田丘1-5                |
| E-mail: hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp                  |
| Tel: 06-6879-4511, Fax: 06-6879-4514            |

                        C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S

                        8th International Workshop on
               MOBILITY IN DATABASES AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS (MDDS 2005)
                    http://db.sis.pitt.edu/mdds05/
                        in conjunction with the
  16th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA'2005)
                             http://www.dexa.org/

                Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen, Denmark
                           August 22-26, 2005

         Workshop proceedings to be published by IEEE Computer Society

AIMS & SCOPE

Wireless communication technologies provide a pervasive base for mobile
computing, which involves mobility of users, hardware, software and data.
As the mobile computing technology matures, millions of mobile users start
accessing various distributed information resources. Emergence of wireless
sensor networks introduces new challenges in processing continuously
changing sensor data streams. The focus of this workshop is on issues in
mobile systems and databases. A particular objective is to explore emerging
mobility challenges related to pervasive, ubiquitous and sensor computing
and data management. The aim is to bring together researchers and
practitioners working in the related areas. Both theoretical and practical
experience papers are solicited.

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

-Data models for mobile information systems
-Impact of mobility in distributed applications and pervasive systems
-Software architectures for mobile distributed computing systems
-Wireless communications support for mobile applications
-Infrastructure for mobile computing research
-Mobile database management and mobility-aware data servers
-Mobile transaction and workflow management & models
-Data & process migration, replication/caching and recovery
-Mobile agents and code
-Moving objects and location-aware data management
-Mobile Web services
-Adaptability and stability of pervasive systems in wireless environments
-User interface management for pervasive devices
-Resource allocation and management in mobile computing environment
-Sensor data management
-Pervasive and context-aware computing

The workshop will be organized in a manner designed to foster interaction
and exchange of ideas among the participants.

IMPORTANT DATES

 Submission deadline: 11 March, 2005
 Notification of acceptance: 15 April, 2005
 Camera-ready copies: 15 May, 2005
 Workshop: 25 August, 2005

SUBMISSION DETAILS

Authors are invited to submit research contributions representing original,
previously unpublished work. Papers should be in English and must not exceed
5000 words. The cover page should include the name and affiliation of the
author(s), contact address/es, e-mail, fax and telephone. The accepted papers
will be 5 pages long in double-column format and will conform to IEEE guidelines.

Authors are invited to submit their papers electronically (PostScript,
Adobe Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word) to

Arkady Zaslavsky
(MDDS'2005 Workshop)
School of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University
900 Dandenong Road, Caulfield East, VIC 3145 Australia
(e-mail): arkady.zaslavsky [at] csse.monash.edu.au
(phone): +61-3-9903-2479
(fax): +61-3-9903-1077

Alternatively, and if the paper exceeds 2 Mbytes you may email just the URL
link to your paper you wish to submit and we'll download the paper ourselves.
Please make sure that the link is downloadable.

Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance,
technical soundness, and clarity of presentation. All papers will be refereed by
at least three members of the International Program Committee.

WORKSHOP ATTENDANCE

Authors of accepted papers will be expected to present their work at the
workshop. All attendees must register for the DEXA'2005 conference.
Details about the DEXA'2005 conference can be found at http://www.dexa.org

WORKSHOP CHAIRS

Arkady Zaslavsky, Monash University, Australia.
Vladimir Zadorozhny, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Eduardo Mena, University of Zaragoza, Spain

STEERING COMMITTEE

Panos K. Chrysanthis, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Vijay Kumar, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA
Arkady Zaslavsky, Monash University, Australia

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Bharat Bhargava, Purdue University, USA
Sourav Saha Bhowmick, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Athman Bouguettaya, Virginia Tech, USA
Bernard Burg, Panasonic Research Labs, USA
Ying SD Chen, IBM China Research Lab, China
Alex Delis, University of Athens, Greece
Paraskevas Evripidou, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Adrian Friday, Lancaster University, UK
George Giaglis, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
Alfredo Goni, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Carsten Griwodz, University of Oslo, Norway
Takahiro Hara, Osaka University, Japan
Yousef Al Houmaily, Institute of Public Administration,Saudi Arabia
Sergio Ilarri, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Jadwiga Indulska University of Queensland, Australia
Christian S. Jensen, Aalborg University, Denmark
George Karabatis, Univ of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA
Masaru Kitsuregawa, University of Tokyo, Japan
Shonali Krishnaswamy, Monash University, Australia
Kam-Yiu Lam, City Univ of Hong-Kong, China
Wang-Chien Lee, Penn State University, USA
Yugyung Lee, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA
Hui Lei, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA
Hong-va Leong, HK Polytechnic Univ, Hong Kong
Seng Wai Loke, Monash University, Australia
Sanjay Kumar Madria, University of Missouri-Rolla, USA
Mihhail Matskin, KTH, Sweden
Oscar Pastor, Technical University of Valencia, Spain
Filip Perich, Cougaar Software, USA
Evaggelia Pitoura, University of Ioannina, Greece
Andreas Pitsillides, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Peter Reiher, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Claudia Roncancio, ENSIMAG/LSR, France
Simonas Saltenis, Aalborg University, Denmark
George Samaras, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Kian-Lee Tan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Vassilis Tsotras, UC, Riverside
Ouri Wolfson, UIC, USA