皆様、ふるってご参加ください。

        講演会のご案内
       共催 ACM SIGMOD日本支部
          日本データベース学会

日時 7月29日(金) 午後2時〜3時
場所 東京大学生産技術研究所 総合研究実験棟 会議室A405(An-405)
      A棟 4階 エレベータをあがってすぐ
      http://www.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/map/index.html

Title: Surface-based spatial query processing
Speaker: Prof. Xiaofang Zhou(Queensland University)

参加費 無料

参加ご希望の方は、SIGMODホームページにて
     ( http://www.sigmodj.org )
   会員登録の後(会費無料、すでに登録されている方は結構です)、
      sigmodj_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jpに
   添付の参加申込書をお送り下さい。

皆様のご参加をお待ちしております。

                        ACM SIGMOD日本支部 支部長 北川博之
                       担当幹事 中野 美由紀

                        連絡(問合せ)先 ACM SIGMOD日本支部
                                sigmodj_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
                http://www.sigmodj.org

To: sigmodj_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp

ACM SIGMOD日本支部 講演会 参加申し込み

7月29日(金)の講演会に参加
・名前
・ご所属

Speaker: Prof. Xiaofang Zhou(University of Queensland)

Title: Surface-based spatial query processing

Abstract
  Spatial database research has traditionally been considered
in a 2D space. The Earth is not flat, and there are many spatial
applications that must consider a 3D terrain model, which can
typically be approximated by a triangular mesh with millions of
3D points. Terrain data is very large,
and  surface-based spatial query processing can be very costly
in terms of both computational cost and I/O cost. In this talk,
we will introduce the concept of multiresolution terrain
modelling, which supports on-the-fly derivation of approximate
surface models at any required level of details. We will discuss
various database techniques we have developed to support
efficient processing of view-dependent visualization queries and
k nearest neighbour queries. We will also outline other
challenging research issues along this research direction.

中野 美由紀		東京大学 生産技術研究所 喜連川研究室
Miyuki NAKANO		Institute of Industrial Science, Univ. of Tokyo
miyuki [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp