日本データベース学会の皆様、
ACM SIGMOD日本支部会員の皆様、

※※※ 重複して受け取られた方はご容赦ください。※※※

阪大の原です。

下記の通り、P2P情報管理に関する国際ワークショップが、2006年5
月に香港にて開催されます。
ご投稿をご検討頂けましたら幸いです。

原 隆浩

| 原 隆浩 (Takahiro HARA), 工学博士               |
| 大阪大学大学院情報科学研究科              |
| マルチメディア工学専攻 助教授                   |
| 〒565-0871 大阪府吹田市山田丘1-5                |
| E-mail: hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp                  |
| Tel: 06-6879-4511, Fax: 06-6879-4514            |

(Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP)

                        Call for Papers

    Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Information Management (P2PIM'06)
                       http://www.p2p-im.org

                      29 May, 2006, Hong Kong

                        in conjunction with

  The 1st Int. Conf. on Scalable Information Systems (INFOSCALE'06)

Peer-to-peer (P2P) systems have emerged as an active research field that
combines principles from networking, database, distributed computing, and
information retrieval. Different from traditional client-server model, a
host node in a P2P system can act as both a server and a client, which has
significantly changed the way of online information sharing and distribution.
P2P techniques bear the potential to realize information systems that scale
to voluminous information on very large numbers of participating nodes,
while facing many fundamental research challenges for information management.
This workshop intends to bring together researchers and practitioners working
on P2P information systems from different disciplines. We invite papers that
facilitate better understanding of challenges of P2P information management,
apply ideas and techniques from different aspects, and propose innovative
solutions to those challenges. Topics of interest include, but are not limited
to:

 *  P2P Applications and Services
 *  P2P Information Systems and Architectures
 *  Models and Query Languages for P2P Information Systems
 *  P2P Information Search Techniques
 *  Indexing, Caching and Replication Techniques for P2P Systems
 *  Metadata for P2P Information Management
 *  P2P Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
 *  Adaptive P2P Information Systems
 *  Mobile P2P Information Retrieval
 *  P2P Multimedia Information Management
 *  P2P Content Delivery
 *  Security and Robustness in P2P Information Systems
 *  Inter-operability Issues in Heterogeneous P2P Information Systems
 *  Dynamics of P2P

Submission:
Original and previously unpublished technical papers are solicited. Papers
reporting original research, applications, development of prototypes,
industrial experiences, technologies and standards are welcome.
Submissions must not exceed 8 pages in IEEE conference paper format
(including references, figures and tables). All submissions should be submitted
electronically in Postscript or Adobe PDF format through the COCUS web site.
Detailed information can be found in the workshop website (www.p2p-im.org).
All paper submissions will be carefully reviewed by experts and returned to the
author(s) with comments to ensure the high quality of the accepted papers. The
authors of accepted papers must present their papers at the workshop. At least
one author of each accepted paper must be registered for the workshop in order
for that paper to appear in the proceedings and to be scheduled for presentation.

Publication:
The accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. The
conference proceedings will be published by IEEE Press and available online
through IEEE Xplore.

Important Dates:
   Paper Due:   January   1, 2006
   Author Notification: February  7, 2006
   Camera-Ready:  February 22, 2006

Program Co-chairs:
   Jianliang Xu, Hong Kong Baptist University (Hong Kong)
   Xueyan Tang, Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
   Baihua Zheng, Singapore Management University (Singapore)
   Wang-Chien Lee, Pennsylvania State University (USA)

Program Committee:
Ugur Cetintemel, Brown University (USA)
Guihai Chen, Nanjing University (China)
Qianni Deng, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)
Yanlei Diao, University of Massachusetts (USA)
Asuman Dogac, Middle East Tech. Univ. (Turkey)
Lee Giles, Pennsylvania State University (USA)
Takahiro Hara, Osaka University (Japan)
Sumi Helal, University of Florida (USA)
Jun Hong, Queen's University Belfast (UK)
Anastasios Kementsietsidis, University of Edingburgh (UK)
Chen Li, University of California, Irvine (USA)
Jie Lin, Xerox Lab (USA)
Yunhao Liu, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong)
John C.S. Lui, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
Xiaofeng Meng, Renmin University (China)
Eva Pitoura, University of Ioannina (Greece)
Keith W. Ross, Polytechnic University (USA)
Kian-Lee Tan, National University of Singapore (Singapore)
Chunqiang Tang, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center (USA)
Ouri Wolfson, University of Illinois at Chicago (USA)
Li Xiao, Michigan State University (USA)
Jun Xu, Georgia Tech. (USA)
Clement Yu, University of Illinois at Chicago (USA)
Aoying Zhou, Fudan University (China)