※※※ 重複して受け取られた方はご容赦ください。※※※

阪大の原です。

下記の通り、P2Pデータ・知識共有に関する国際ワークショップが、
ICDCS2006の併設ワークショップとして、2006年7月にポルトガル、
リスボンにて開催されます。

締切まで3日間しか残されておりませんが、ご興味のある方は、ご
投稿をご検討頂けましたら幸いです。

原 隆浩

| 原 隆浩 (Takahiro HARA), 工学博士               |
| 大阪大学大学院情報科学研究科              |
| マルチメディア工学専攻 助教授                   |
| 〒565-0871 大阪府吹田市山田丘1-5                |
| E-mail: hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp                  |
| Tel: 06-6879-4511, Fax: 06-6879-4514            |

        Submission deadline has been extended to December 9, 2005.

                       Call For Paper
      Workshop on P2P Data and Knowledge Sharing (P2P/DAKS)
          http://www.takilab.k.dendai.ac.jp/conf/DAKS/2006/
                   in conjunction with
 The IEEE 26th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems
                      (ICDCS-2006),
            Lisboa, Portugal, July 4-7, 2006.

Invitation
We invite you to submit papers by December 9, 2005 for the half-day workshop
within the ICDCS' 06 conference to be held in Lisbon, in July 2006. The proceedings
will be published only on CD by IEEE. The paper size should be up to 6 pages in
double columns, in font 10 points (the IEEE conference publication format).
More details on the workshop are given below.

Workshop Aim
The aim of this half-day workshop, within ICDCS 2006, is to explore the P2P
area of data and knowledge sharing [P2P/DAKS] for information intensive
applications. The objective is to blend concepts and ideas from the database
and AI domains in order to produce a sound basis for an effective P2P/DAKS
facility.

Recently the peer to peer systems have become a major area of new research
following the popularity of P2P file sharing systems (such as Napster, Gnutella,
OceanStore), which permit any computer (as a peer) anywhere to share information
from any other in the system, bypassing the need for any client/server facility.
This success has fired up a new challenge to build P2P systems that will permit
sharing of data and knowledge. However, in contrast to the file sharing systems
that cater largely for immutable objects with rare updates and very limited
heterogeneity, the data and knowledge sharing systems - by the very nature
of their contents - have to be more grainy, more volatile and perhaps more
heterogeneous. Therefore in addition to the issues already identified in
the file sharing systems, we also have here new issues - all of which
require appropriate and effective solutions for the P2P/DAKS environments.
Our objective to combine ideas from both the database and AI domains for
the most effective solution of the issues, together with our focus on only
information intensive applications, is a significant distinction of this
workshop from similar others (e.g. VLDB P2P workshops DBISP2P and the
multi-agent P2P workshops AP2PC).

Workshop Scope
We seek high quality and original contributions on topics such as those listed
below:

*Multi-agent Techss and Adaptability
*Coordination, Control and Emergent Behaviour
*Models of Trust and Reputation
*Security and Privacy

Program Co-Chairs
S. M. Deen University of Keele
M. Takizawa Tokyo Denki University

Program Committee
Phillipe Cudre-Mauraux EPFL, Switzerland
Tomoya Enokido Rissho University
Takahiro Hara Osaka University
Tom Holvoet KULeuven, Belgium
Aris M. Ouksel University of Illinois at Chicago
Onn Shehory IBM Research Labs in Haifa
Julita Vassileva University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Ouri E. Wolfson University of Illinois at Chicago
M. Younas Oxford Brookes University

The Review Process
This will follow the standard procedure for refereeing by the PC members, as in
the case of the main conference. The papers will be distributed to the WS PC
members, and the best papers selected based on at least two independent reports.
The authors will be informed of the outcome, and the successful authors will be
asked to send their revised (as suggested by the referees) papers within the
deadline for publication, as stipulated for the main conference.

Prof S. M. Deen
Data and Knowledge Engineering (DAKE) Group
Department of Computer Science
University of Keele,
Keele, Staffs, England
Email: deen [at] cs.keele.ac.uk