日時 12月23日(金) 午後2時〜午後3時
場所 東京大学生産技術研究所 会議室A(Ew-501)
      E棟 5階 エレベータをあがってすぐ
      http://www.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/map/index.html

      当日は休日のため、建物内へ入るときには、内部に
   ご連絡いただく必要がございます。当日、
   ビルディングEの入り口にその旨、掲載いたしますので、
   入り口の内線電話にてご連絡ください。

Title:  Summarizing Level-two Topological Relationships in Large
       Spatial Datasets
Speaker: Prof. Xuemin Lin (University of New South Wales)

参加費 無料

参加ご希望の方は、SIGMODホームページにて
     ( http://www.sigmodj.org )
   会員登録の後(会費無料、すでに登録されている方は結構です)、
      sigmodj_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jpに
   添付の参加申込書をお送り下さい。

皆様のご参加をお待ちしております。

                        ACM SIGMOD日本支部 支部長 北川博之
                       担当幹事 中野 美由紀

                        連絡(問合せ)先 ACM SIGMOD日本支部
                                sigmodj_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
                http://www.sigmodj.org

To: sigmodj_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp

ACM SIGMOD日本支部 講演会 参加申し込み

12月23日(金)の講演会に参加
・名前
・ご所属

Title:  Summarizing Level-two Topological Relationships in Large
       Spatial Datasets
Speaker: Prof. Xuemin Lin (University of New South Wales)

Abstract:

Summarizing topological relations is fundamental
to many spatial applications including spatial query optimization.
In this talk, we present several novel techniques
to effectively construct cell density based spatial histograms
for range (window) summarizations restricted to
the four most important level-two topological relations: contains,
contained, overlap, and disjoint.
We first present a novel framework to construct a
multiscale Euler histogram in 2D space with the guarantee of the
exact summarization
results for aligned windows in constant time.
To minimize the storage space in such a multiscale Euler histogram,
an approximate algorithm with the approximate ratio 19/12 is presented,
while the problem is shown NP-hard generally.
To conform to a limited storage space where a multiscale histogram
may be allowed to have only k Euler histograms,
an effective algorithm is presented to construct multiscale histograms
to achieve high accuracy in approximately summarizing aligned windows.
Then, we present a new approximate algorithm to query an Euler histogram
that cannot guarantee the exact answers; it runs
in constant time.

--
中野 美由紀		東京大学 生産技術研究所 喜連川研究室
Miyuki NAKANO		Institute of Industrial Science, Univ. of Tokyo