Subject: [nl-ipsj-announce 93] Call for Poster Submissions: EVIA 2007
(NTCIR-6 Pre-Meeting Workshop)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:19:52 +0900
From: Tetsuya Sakai <tetsuya.sakai [at] toshiba.co.jp>
To: ipsj-sigfi-ml [at] nii.ac.jp, nl-ipsj-announce [at] r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp

酒井と申します。
国立情報学研究所主催のNTCIR-6の第一目(5月15日)に
開催される情報アクセスの評価に関する
国際ワークショップEVIA2007にて、
査読なしのポスター発表を受けつけます。
NTCIRタスクへの参加・不参加を問わずどなたでも
ご投稿できますので、どうぞご検討ください。
締切は3月15日です。

	CALL FOR POSTER SUBMISSIONS (DUE MARCH 15, 2007)

EVIA 2007: The First International Workshop on
Evaluating Information Access (NTCIR-6 Pre-Meeting Workshop)
May 15, 2007 @ NII, Tokyo, Japan.

Workshop Co-Chairs:
Tetsuya Sakai (Toshiba Corporate R&D Center, Japan) and
Mark Sanderson (University of Sheffield, UK)

EVIA 2007 CFP Webpage:
http://research.nii.ac.jp/ntcir/ntcir-ws6/pmw-en.html

We are past the submission deadline for the REFEREED PAPERS
but we have decided to additionally accept four-page POSTERS reporting
late-breaking results on IR evaluation. Unlike the regular papers,
the posters will NOT be reviewed.
Anyone (NTCIR participants and non-participants) can submit a poster,
but participants should make sure that
the content of the poster is different from that of the NTCIR site report.

We welcome poster submissions addressing one or more of the following
topics:
- Test collections, their formation, evaluation metrics and evaluation
environments
- Cross-conference comparison: NTCIR, CLEF, TREC, DUC and others
- Evaluation of specific information access tasks, e.g., for education
and training
- Evaluation of query-specific approaches
- Evaluation of multilingual, multimedia and/or mobile information access
- Real-world search topics and/or evaluation in vivo
- Novel information access tasks and their evaluation

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Please use latex8.sty and sample tex source file
(ntcir_author.tex) available at the NTCIR-5 website (not NTCIR-6)
http://research.nii.ac.jp/ntcir-ws5/proceedings.html
but for the EVIA posters please note that the following special
instructions apply:

- NUMBER OF PAGES:
We allow up to 4 pages for posters. Any submissions that are longer will
be removed automatically from our submission list.

- PAPER SUBMISSION URL:
https://www.softconf.com/starts/ntcir6-pmw/submit.html
You can keep revising your submission at the above site until the deadline.
The submission site can also be reached via our EVIA 2007 CFP webpage.

- DOUBLECHECK YOUR MANUSCRIPT!
Your poster will NOT be reviewed, so make sure there are no typos, etc.

IMPORTANT DATES:
March 15, 2007: poster submissions due
May 15, 2007: EVIA 2007, including the poster session, takes place

If you have any questions, please contact:
Tetsuya Sakai (tetsuyasakai [at] fiberbit.net) or
Mark Sanderson (m.sanderson [at] sheffield.ac.uk).

* * *

NTCIR is an evaluation exercise with an Asian language focus. Last year,
NTCIR-5 attracted over 100 groups from 15 countries, the Sixth NTCIR
will be held at the National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan, May
15-17, 2007. The meeting will bring together researchers working on
information access technologies such as Monolingual/Multilingual
Information Retrieval and Question Answering, to sum up their
one-year evaluation efforts for the NTCIR-6 tracks. A number of NTCIR-6
participants will be given a chance to present their "site reports"
at the regular sessions; All participants will present their results
at the poster sessions to exchange ideas and views.

--
前田 亮 <amaeda [at] is.ritsumei.ac.jp>