日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2007年)

[dbjapan] WiMob 2008

PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES IF YOU RECEIVE MULTIPLE COPIES OF THIS CFP

        |                        WiMob'2008                       |
        |           4th IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE on          |
        | Wireless & Mobile Computing, Networking & communication |

                             Avignon, FRANCE
                           October 12-14, 2008

                   http://www.lia.univ-avignon.fr/wimob2008

SCOPE:
------

The research area of mobile computing has become more important following the recent widespread dr

ive towards mobile ad hoc networks, wireless sensor networks and vehicular ad hoc networks tracking technologies and their applications. The availability of the high bandwidth 3G infrastructures, and the pervasive deployment of low cost WiFi infrastructure and WiMAX to create hotspots around the world serve to accelerate the development of mobile computing towards ubiquitous computing.

WiMob’08 addresses three main areas:

	Wireless Communications
	Mobile Networking, Mobility and Nomadicity
	Ubiquitous Computing, Services and Applications

This conference aims to stimulate interactions among participants and enable them to exchange new ideas and practical experience. WiMob’08 is the fourth in a series of annual conferences: two times in Montréal (QC), Canada in 2005 and 2006 and the last one in New York, USA in 2007.

IMPORTANT DATES:
----------------

Abstract submission due:     May 6, 2008
Paper submission due:  	     May 16, 2008
Notification of accep
ance:  August 1, 2008
Final manuscripts due:       August 20, 2008

This conference will be comprised of the following three symposia:

	Wireless Communications
	-----------------------
		Broadband Wireless Communication Systems
		Wireless Personal Communications
		Advances in Satellite Communication
		Broadband Wireless Communications
		Modulation and Coding
		Channel Measurement and Characterization
		OFDM and CDMA Technologies and Systems
		MIMO Channels
		Multiuser Detection
		Signal Separation and Interference Rejection
		Multimedia Communications over Wireless
		DSP Applications to Wireless Systems
		Adaptive Antennas for Wireless Systems
		Multiple Access Techniques
		Location Estimation and Tracking
		Resource Allocation and Interference Management
		Multirate and Multicarrier Communications

	Mobile Networking, Mobility and Nomadicity
		Mobile IP Networks
		Cellular Systems, PCS Modeling and Configuration
		Multime
di
a over Wireless
		Mobility and Location Management
		Wireless Networks Standards and Protocols
		Design and Analysis of Wireless LAN/WAN
		Designing and Modeling High Availability Mobile Networks
		Mobile Network Modeling and Simulation
		Architectures and Protocols for Mobile Networks
		Security, Privacy and Authentication in Mobile Environments
		Wireless Sensor Networks
		Cross-layer Design and Optimization
		Ad-hoc Wireless Networks
		Mobile Internet
		Home and Ubiquitous Networks
		Smart Sensors and Sensor Networks
		Inter-working of 2G, 3G and 4G Wireless Networks

	Ubiquitous Computing, Services and Applications
		Distributed Computing and Distributed Databases
		Location-based Services
		Virtual Home Environments (VHE)
		M-Commerce
		M-Learning
		Streaming Applications
		Portable Devices and Wearable Computers
		Web Services
		Home and Office Appliances
		Enabling Technologies for Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computin

	Security, Privacy and Infrastructure for Ubiquitous Computing
		Systems and Services (e.g. Mobile satellites, WLANs)
		Security and Privacy for Ubiquitous Computing
		Home and Ubiquitous Networks
		Mobile Ad-Hoc Computing
		Gaming Applications in Ubiquitous Computing Environments
		Passive, Active and Smart Tags for Ubiquitous Computing
		Location-dependent and Context-aware Computing
		Software Architecture for Home/Smart Appliances
		Human Computer Interaction in Ubiquitous Computing

Full papers must be submitted for review. Only original papers, unpublished nor submitted for publication elsewhere, can be submitted. Please visit http://www.lia.univ-avignon.fr/wimob2008 for details and submission information. Only timely submissions through EDAS at http://edas.info will be accepted.

WiMob'08 solicits workshops in all areas a
nd t
opics related to wireless networking, mobile computing, mobile and wireless communications, pervasive computing and networking, and its services and applications. Please see the CALL FOR WIMOB 2008 WORKSHOP PROPOSALS below.

--------------------------------------
CALL FOR WIMOB 2008 WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
--------------------------------------

The 4th IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob 2008) will be held in Avignon, France, 12-14 October 2008.

As an important part of the program at WiMob 2008, a limited number of workshops will be held in conjunction with the main conference. The workshops aim to explore special topics and provide international forums for researchers to present their early research results and share experiences with focus on more specific research areas than the main conference.

We solicit workshops in all areas and topics related to wireless networking, mobile computing, mobile and wirele
ss co
mmunications, pervasive computing and networking, and its services and applications.

All papers accepted in WiMob 2008 workshops will be published in the WiMob 2008 Proceedings published by IEEE. The workshops will be held on 12 October 2008.

The workshop proposal should contain the following information:

		1. The title of the workshop.
		2. The names, addresses, and affiliation of Workshop organizers.
		3. A brief description of the workshop (eg. the goals and its relevance, etc.).
		4. The names of potential program committee members,
		5. Expected number of submissions.
		6. A description of the publicity plan.
		7. A draft call for papers

Workshop organizers should send their workshop proposals to the workshop co-chairs at the email addresses given below by 4 February 2008. The proposals can be submitted in PDF or plain text. Acceptance/rejection notification will be sent to workshop organizers by 4 March 2008.

Workshop Co-Chairs
------------------
Peter Muelle
r, IBM
 Zurich Research Laboratory, Switzerland
pmu [at] zurich.ibm.com

Mieso Denko, University of Guelph, Canada
denko [at] cis.uoguelph.ca

-----------------------------
WiMoB'08 CONFERENCE COMMITEES
-----------------------------

GENERAL CHAIR
	Abderrahim BENSLIMANE   University of Avignon, France

STEERING COMMITTEE
	Abderrahim Benslimane, University of Avignon, France
	Pierre Boucher, Ericsson Research Canada
	Mieso Denko, University of Guelph, Canada
	Ibrahim Habib, City University of New York, USA
	Hussein Mouftah, University of Ottawa, Canada
	Samuel Pierre, Ă?cole Polytechnique de MontrĂŠal, Canada
	Do Van Thanh, Telenor & Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
	Khaled Ben Letaief, Hong Kong Univ. of Science & Technology, Hong Kong
	Guy Pujolle, university of Paris 6, France

FINANCE CO-C
HAIRS

Christine Nora, IEEE France Section,
	Christophe Pruvost, University of Avignon

TPC CO-CHAIRS
	Chadi Assi, CIISE, University of Concordia, MontrĂŠal, Canada
	Hsiao-Hwa Chen, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan

TUTORIAL CO-CHAIRS
	Azzedine Boukerche, University of Ottawa
	Mischa Dohler, France Telecom R&D

WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS
	Peter Mueller, IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, Switzerland
	Mieso Denko, University of Guelph, Canada

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS
	Nirwan Ansari, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
	Ronald Beaubrun, UniversitĂŠ Laval, Canada
	Abbas Jamalipour, University of Sydney, Australia
	Congduc Pham, University of Pau, France

EXHIBIT & SPONSORSHIP CO-CHAIRS
	Nidal Nasser, University of Guelph, Canada

CONTACT INFORMATION
	Abderrezak Rachedi, University of Avignon
	abderrezak.rachedi(at)univ-avignon.fr