日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2009年)

[dbjapan] DASFAA2010:デモ発表のご案内(投稿締切9月22日)

日本データベース学会会員の皆様、

阪大の原です。
DASFAA2010では、共同デモ委員長を務めております。

以前にもご案内差し上げましたが、DASFAA2010のデモ投稿を募集し
ております。
(一般論文は、既に概要登録の締切を過ぎましたが、デモは22日ま
で投稿可能です。)

デモ投稿は、LNCSフォーマットで4ページ、投稿締切は9月22日とな
っております。

一般の研究論文はもちろんですが、デモ発表も会議を盛り上げる重
要な要素となっております。
是非、投稿をご検討くださいますよう、宜しくお願い致します。

※※ 優秀なデモ発表にはベストデモ賞が贈呈されます ※※

原 隆浩

| 原 隆浩 (Takahiro HARA), 工学博士               |
| 大阪大学大学院情報科学研究科              |
| マルチメディア工学専攻 准教授                   |
| 〒565-0871 大阪府吹田市山田丘1-5                |
| E-mail: hara [at] ist.osaka-u.ac.jp                  |
| Tel: 06-6879-4511, Fax: 06-6879-4514            |

Call for Demo Proposals

The 15th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced
Applications  (DASFAA 2010):
April 1-4 2010, Tsukuba, Japan
http://dasfaa2010.cs.tsukuba.ac.jp/

The DASFAA 2010 Demo program aims to bring together researchers,
developers, and database users from the data management and Web
communities.

It offers an exciting and highly interactive way of demonstrating your
databases, systems, services, middleware, and Web research and is an
excellent way of advertising the applicability of your results.
Proposals for demonstrations of products or prototypes based on
innovative research results are solicited.

It is mandatory that all demo proposals describe clearly what will be
demonstrated and how the contributions will be illustrated
interactively. Optionally, proposals can include a URL that shows a
preliminary version of the demo (e.g., screenshots or, even better, an
interactive program).

A BEST DEMO AWARD will also be given out to the best demo(s) presented in the demo session during the conference.

Areas:

DASFAA 2010 demo track will showcase leading edge work and work in
progress in every area of databases, Web, and their applications.
We are especially interested in products or prototypes in the
following areas:

* Data model and query language
* Query processing and optimization
* Data structure and index
* Storage and transaction management
* Performance evaluation and tuning
* Data warehouse and OLAP
* Database system applications
* Temporal and spatial databases
* Parallel and distributed databases
* Mobile databases
* Data management in P2P and grid
* Sensor data management
* Multimedia databases
* XML and semi-structured data
* Data streams and time-series data
* Data mining and knowledge discovery
* Data quality and credibility
* Security and privacy
* User interfaces
* Data archive and digital library
* Information recommendation
* Search technology
* Web mining
* Information extraction and summarization
* Statistical and scientific databases
* Data management in the Internet and the Web
* Information integration and meta-data management
* Text databases and information retrieval

Submission:

All submitted demo proposals must be formatted according to the
instructions for submission format for research submissions and must
be no longer than four (4) pages in the Springer LNCS format.
This page limit includes all parts of the paper: title, authors and
affiliation, abstract, body, and bibliography.
Accepted demo proposals will appear in the final proceedings (subject
to approval by the proceedings publisher).

Demos will be selected based on (i) the novelty of the demo, (ii) the
novelty and the technical quality of the underlying research, and
(iii) the attractiveness of the demonstrated system.
Demo proposals should be submitted via the conference submission site
which will be available on the DASFAA 2010 site soon.

Please note that for every accepted demo, it is required that at
least one person registers for the conference and presents the demo.

Important Dates:

Proposal must be submitted by:
 September 22, 2009

Notification (acceptance or rejection) by:
 November 27, 2009

Camera-ready must be submitted by:
 December 18, 2009

DASFAA 2010 Demonstration Co-Chairs
Takahiro Hara (Osaka University, Japan)
Kian-Lee Tan (National University of Singapore, Singapore)