[dbjapan] CFP - IADIS International Conference
- To: dbjapan [at] gms.dbsj.org
- Subject: [dbjapan] CFP - IADIS International Conference
- From: Ciprian Dobre <ciprian.dobre [at] cs.pub.ro>
- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:38:43 +0300
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students -- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (2nd Call): 21 September 2009 --IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE WWW/INTERNET 2009 Rome, Italy, 19 - 22 November 2009 (http://www.internet-conf.org/)
* Keynote Speaker (confirmed): Daniel Schwabe, Professor, Department of Informatics, Catholic University in Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Brazil * Conference background and goalsThe IADIS WWW/Internet 2009 conference aims to address the main issues of concern within WWW/Internet. WWW and Internet had a huge development in recent years. Aspects of concern are no longer just technical anymore but other aspects have arisen. This conference aims to cover both technological as well as non-technological issues related to these developments. Main tracks have been identified (see below). However innovative contributes that don't fit into these areas will also be considered since they might be of benefit to conference attendees. * Format of the Conference The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations. The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS Digital Library (http://www.iadis.net/dl). The best paper authors will be invited to publish extended versions of their papers in the IADIS International Journal on WWW/Internet (ISSN: 1645-7641) and also in other selected Journals. * Types of submissions Full and Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium. All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
* Topics related to WWW/Internet are of interest. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
Web 2.0 - Collaborative Systems - Social Networks - Folksonomies - Enterprise Wikis and Blogging - Mashups and Web Programming - Tagging and User Rating Systems - Citizen Journalism Semantic Web and XML - Semantic Web Architectures - Semantic Web Middleware - Semantic Web Services - Semantic Web Agents - Ontologies - Applications of Semantic Web - Semantic Web Data Management - Information Retrieval in Semantic Web Applications and Uses - e-Learning - e-Commerce / e-Business - e-Government - e-Health - e-Procurement - e-Society - Digital Libraries - Web Services/SaaS - Application Interoperability - Web-based multimedia technologies Services, Architectures and Web Development - Wireless Web - Mobile Web - Cloud/Grid Computing - Web Metrics - Web Standards - Internet Architectures - Network Algorithms - Network Architectures - Network Computing - Network Management - Network Performance - Content Delivery Technologies - Protocols and Standards - Traffic Models Research Issues - Web Science - Digital Rights Management - Bioinformatics - Human Computer Interaction and Usability - Web Security and Privacy - Online Trust and Reputation Systems - Data Mining - Information Retrieval - Search Engine Optimization * Important Dates: - Submission deadline (2nd Call): 21 September 2009 - Notification to Authors (2nd Call): 16 October 2009 - Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (2nd Call): Until 30 October 2009 - Late Registration (2nd Call): After 30 October 2009 - Conference: Rome, Italy, 19 to 22 November 2009* Conference Location The conference will be held in Rome, Italy. * Secretariat IADIS Secretariat - IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE WWW/INTERNET 2009 Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3 1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal E-mail: secretariat [at] internet-conf.org
Web site: http://www.internet-conf.org/* Program Committee
Program Co-Chairs Bebo White, Stanford University, USA Miguel Baptista Nunes, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom Conference Chair Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal Committee Members: * * for committee list please refer to http://www.internet-conf.org/committees.asp * Co-located eventsPlease also check the co-located events Applied Computing 2009 (http://www.computing-conf.org/) - 19-21 November 2009 and CELDA 2009 (http://www.celda-conf.org/) - 20-22 November 2009
* Registered participants in the WWW/Internet conference may attend the Applied Computing and CELDA conferences' sessions free of charge. -- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.