藤波 香織
東京農工大学 大学院 工学研究院
先端情報科学部門
Tel/Fax: 042-388-7499
小金井キャンパス 7-3E
http://www.tuat.ac.jp/~fujinami

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
Call for Papers

5th Workshop on Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Ambient Intelligence (AITAmI’10)
Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia. 18th-19th July 2010

Co-Chairs:
J.C. Augusto (U. of Ulster, UK)
D.  Cook (Washington State U., USA)

Program Committee
E. Aarts (Philips Res. Eindhoven)
H. Aghajan (Stanford U., USA)
X. Alamán (U. Autónoma de Madrid, Spain)
R. Bergmann (U. of Trier, Germany)
M. Böhlen  (State Univ. of NY, USA)
V. Callaghan (Univ. of Essex, UK)
A. Cesta (ISTC-CNR, Italy)
B. deRuyter (Philips Res. Eindhoven)
M. Divitini (NUS, Norway)
S. Egerton (Monash University, Malaysia)
M. Freed, (SRI Internacional, USA)
K. Fujinami, (Tokyo UAT, Japan)
S. Giroux (U. of Sherbrooke, Canada)
B. Gottfried (Univ.Bremen, Germany)
S. Helal (U. of Florida, USA)
D. Heylen (U. of Twente, Netherlands)
B. Hu (Birmingham City University, UK)
P. Huuskonen  (Nokia Tampere, Finland)
A. Kameas  (CTI., Greece)
W. Minker (U. of Ulm - Germany)
P. Novais(U. do Minho , Portugal)
J. Plomp (VTT Electronics)
C. Ramos (Polyt. of Porto, Portugal)
D. Shapiro (ISLE–Stanford U., USA)
A-H. Tan (Nanyang TU, Singapore)
J. Tian, (Nokia Research Center, China)
J. Treur (Vrije U.,The Netherlands)
R. Wichert  (Fraunhofer, Germany)
W. Woo (Gwangju Inst. of S&T , S. Korea)
T. Yamazaki (NICT, Japan)
Q. Yang  (Hong Kong Univ. of S&T)
Y. Zheng, (Microsoft Research Asia)

Background and Goals:  Imagine a future where human environments respond to human preferences and needs. In this world, devices equipped with simple intelligence and the abilities to sense, communicate, and act will be unremarkable features of our world.  We will expect the car to warn us of hazards, track our location and provide timely route advice.  We will speak to simple machines and hold conversations with more complex systems, such as intelligent homes that will help us monitor conditions, track routine tasks, and program the behaviour of the heat, the lights, the garden watering and the entertainment centre.  Analogous systems at work will make simple decisions in our stead ranging from scheduling meetings to negotiating for common services over the web. Such systems will also acquire, and adapt to our preferences over time.  In sum, we will come to view simple software intelligence as an ambient feature of our environment.

The infrastructure for ambient intelligence is fast coming on line. Computational resources are cheap and becoming cheaper, while ubiquitous network access has started to appear.  Market forces will soon produce applications.  We take the view that ambient intelligence is imminent and inevitable, and that the time is ripe to take stock. This workshop will provide that opportunity by gathering researchers in a variety of AI subfields together with representatives of commercial interests to explore the technology and applications for ambient intelligence.

This workshop will complement related events around the world by focusing on the special relevance of Artificial Intelligence techniques to the goals of Ambient Intelligence, and on the most likely avenues for practical application. AITAmI’10 will provide an open forum based on a variety of presentations: research papers, keynotes, discussion session and industrial demos.
Important Deadlines:
  20th April 2010: first submission
  10th May 2010: notifications to authors
  15th May 2010: final version submitted

Attendance: The workshop is open to all members of the IE community.  If restrictions in the number of participants apply due to room size preference will be given to participants who have an accepted paper and the rest of the participants will be selected according to background and order of registration.

Invited Speaker: Wolfgang Minker (University of Ulm, Germany).

Ph.D. Grants: The organizers of this event will seek to offer partial funding to Ph.D. students with accepted papers at our event. The quality of the submission and the financial situation of the student will be part of the selection criteria.

Best Presentation Awards:  there will be prizes in the categories of ‘Best Presented Paper’ and ‘Best Presented Poster’.

This event will build up on the topics discussed during the previous successful editions: AITAmI’06 held during ECAI’06, AITAmI’07 held during IJCAI’07, AITAmI’08 held during ECAI’08 and AITAmI’09 held during IE’09.

Areas of interest: include, but are not limited to, the following:

- agent-based approaches to AmI
- activity recognition
- individual/group emotional status
- individual/group preferences
- mediating conflicting interests
- intelligent interactive systems
- multi-modal interfaces  (voice, image and video, bio-signals, handwriting, etc.)
- modelling complex environments (smart homes, smart cars,  hospitals, museums,  transportation, classrooms, open spaces, etc.)
- interaction with autonomous systems
- non invasive sensing and interaction
- context awareness
- cognitive modelling of users
- applications (health, industry, teaching, supporting group collaboration, etc.)
- responsive/active architecture
- innovative applications of AI to Ambient Intelligence
- traditional relevant areas of AI (KR, reasoning about actions,  spatio-temporal reasoning,  CBR, planning, uncertainty, learning, belief revision, vision, decision- making, etc.)
Submission Details: Authors wishing to participate as speakers in this event should:

* Submit papers of no more than 10 pages formatted according to the IOS Press style:
http://www.iospress.nl/authco/instruction_crc.html

* Online submission system for this event: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/AITAMI2010/

Publications: all papers accepted will be published in the proceedings of the event which will be a volume in the Book Series on Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments: http://www.iospress.nl/loadtop/load.php?isbn=aise

Web page:  www.infj.ulst.ac.uk/~jcaug/aitami10.htm

Contact:  jc.augusto ‘at’ ulster.ac.uk

Juan Carlos Augusto
School of Computing and Mathematics
University of Ulster at Jordanstown
Shore Road, BT37 0QB Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim
United Kingdom
http://www.infj.ulst.ac.uk/~jcaug/