日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2013年)

Call for Papers : IEEE R10 ‐ HTC2013

日本データベース学会の皆様

千葉商科大学の橋本です.

今年8月に東北大学で開催される IEEE R10−HTC (Humanitarian Techonology Conference)2013のCFPを転送いたします.
大震災から2年が経とうとしている現在,最先端のテクノロジーを災害対策・復旧に如何に役立てていくかを議論いたします.米国やアジアの災害関連の研究をされている研究者による招待講演も計画中です.

情報サービス関連のセッションもありますので,
震災関連の研究をされている方にとりまして,絶好の発表の機会かと思われます.

締め切りも3月15日に延長されましたので,興味のある方はぜひ投稿をご検討ください.

よろしくお願い申し上げます.

---
Call for Papers

On behalf of the HTC2013 organizing committee, we are honored to announce that the first
Humanitarian Technology Conference of IEEE Region 10 will be held in Sendai, Japan, in this
special period of the history, after the March 11, 2011 Earthquake. Although HTC2013 is a
Region 10 event, we welcome participants from all over the world.    Beside technical
sessions, we also plan many invited talks, tutorials, exhibits and a tour to the disaster‐stricken
area.

Following the conference theme of “Lessons learned from Japan’s 2011 earthquake and
other natural disasters around the world,” the technical papers and invited/tutorial tracks
will cover disaster‐related topics but also open to a wide range of topics:

* Information Services:
       Big Data, Data Mining, Social Media/SNS, Alarm Distribution, etc.
* Communication Infrastructures:
      NW Damage/Recovery, Disaster‐Tolerance, Role/applications of Communication in Disaster, etc.
* Electricity and Energy Infrastructures:
      Electrical Grid, Power Plant, Batteries, Renewable Energy, etc.
* Sensors and their Applications:
      Remote Monitoring, Sensor Data, Aggregation, Location Services, etc.
* Robotics and its Applications:
      Rescue Robot, Life Support Robot, Robots for Unmanned Inspection, etc.
* Health and Medical Technology:
      Telemedicine, Welfare for Elderly People, etc.
* Educational Technology:
      E‐Learning, Educational System with Data Mining, etc.
* Other Disaster‐related topics which are not covered by the above
* Other Humanitarian Challenges and Approaches

More information on technical sessions, registrations for the conference, hotel reservations
and exhibits is available on the R10‐HTC 2013 website http://www.R10‐HTC2013.org/ .

Submission – Deadline is March 15, 2013

--
Takako Hashimoto, Ph. D.
Coordinator, IEEE R10 Women In Engineering