日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2014年)

論文募集:国際ワークショップBITIoT2014

日本データベース学会の皆さま

明けましておめでとうございます。阪大の神崎です。

NTT竹内さまからの依頼により、国際ワークショップBIGIoT2014のCFPを
送付させていただきます。ご投稿をご検討いただけますと幸いです。

よろしくお願いいたします。

                  *** Call for Paper ***

            The 1st International Workshop on
  Big Data Management for the Internet of Things (BIGIoT2014)

           in Conjunction with IEEE COMPSAC 2014
           (Vasteras, Sweden - July 21-25, 2014)

* Theme of BIGIoT2014 Workshop

  A huge number of sensors, actuators and tags are getting
networked these days. This leads to the "Internet of Things",
and provides smart and intelligent services to human society.
However, this now raises the next question; how should we use
the "Big Data" associated to, or collected from, those things?
They say that it potentially contains the seeds of services,
profiles of social-phenoma, even social knowledge and intelligence.
However, we have not yet found systematic solutions for managing
them effectively, and we sometimes fail to extract valuable
information from, or to provide advanced services with, the
dataset. Thus, in this workshop, in order to discuss and discover
better solutions, we welcome papers that explore service platforms
(i.e., network systems, architectures, data models and algorithms)
that effectively integrate "Internet of Things" and "Big Data".

  The workshop topics include, but are not limited to:
   - Large-scale monitoring platforms
   - Large-scale control platforms
   - Data analysis and data applications
   - Control schemes and decision making
   - Data models and algorithms
   - NoSQL data management
   - Service design and use cases
   - System architecture and implementation
   - Communication protocols
   - Distributed processing (overlays, Hadoop-based, etc.)
   - Privacy management and anonymization
   - Social embedding of applications
   - Application case studies
   - Performance, scalability, robustness

  We respect the works inspired by practical studies with real
world interactions because this workshop wants to input the story
of real social needs or industrial requirements into the discussion.
We also welcome work-in-progress papers.

* Workshop Organizers

  - Hideya OCHIAI (The Univ. of Tokyo, Japan)
  - Susumu TAKEUCHI (NTT, Japan)
  - Kurt Geihs (University of Kassel, Germany)

* Program Committee

  - Adnan Al-Anbuky (AUT University, New Zealand)
  - Bheemarjuna Reddy Tamma (Indian Institute of Technology, India)
  - Christian Becker (University of Mannheim, Germany)
  - Frank Eliassen (University of Oslo, Norway)
  - Hiroshi Mineno (Shizuoka Univ., Japan)
  - Hiroyuki Inoue (Hiroshima City Univ., Japan)
  - Kazuyuki Shudo (Tokyo Institute of Techinology, Japan)
  - Keiichi Shima (Internet Initiative Japan., Japan)
  - Liu Xiaohan (Chinese Academy of Science, China)
  - Nearchos Paspallis (University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus)
  - Masahiro Ishiyama (Toshiba Corporate R&D Center, Japan)
  - Masato Yamanouchi (Keio Univ., Japan)
  - Masayuki Hirafuji (NARC and Univ. of Tsukuba, Japan)
  - P. Rajalakshmi (Indian Institute of Technology, India)
  - Romain Rouvoy (University Lille 1 and INRIA, France)
  - Sho Fujita (Yokogawa Corporation, Japan)
  - Takaaki Moriya (NTT Communications, Japan)
  - Tomoki Yoshihisa (Osaka Univ., Japan)
  - Tsutomu Terada (Kobe Univ., Japan)
  - Yuusuke Kawakita (The University of Electro Communications, Japan)

* Important Dates

  Deadline for paper submission: March 23rd, 2014
  Notification of acceptance:    April 20th, 2014
  Camera-ready due:	         April 28th, 2014

* Submission

  Papers must be submitted electronically via the BIGIoT 2014
Submission Page (TBD). The format of submitted papers
should follow the guidelines for the IEEE conference proceedings.
All papers will be carefully reviewed by at least three reviewers.
Papers should be no more than 6 pages. Accepted papers will be
published in the workshop proceedings of COMPSAC 2014, by the
IEEE Computer Society Press. At least one of the authors of each
accepted paper must register as a participant of the workshop and
present the paper at the workshop, in order to have the paper
published in the proceedings.