[dbjapan] [CFP Deadline 5/25] IEEE/ACM DSAA 2017 Special Session: Big Data and Disaster Management
- To: dbjapan [at] dbsj.org
- Subject: [dbjapan] [CFP Deadline 5/25] IEEE/ACM DSAA 2017 Special Session: Big Data and Disaster Management
- From: KITAMOTO Asanobu <kitamoto [at] nii.ac.jp>
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 14:55:30 +0900
皆様 国立情報学研究所 北本と申します。 Big Data and Disaster Managementに関する論文を募集しております。 投稿締切は5/25、国際会議は10/19-21に東京です。 皆様の積極的な投稿をお待ちしております。 ==================================================================== Call for Papers IEEE/ACM DSAA 2017 Special Session: Big Data and Disaster Management http://klab.nii.ac.jp/dsaa17/cfp.html 1. Introduction2017 IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA) will be held in Tokyo, Japan, during 19-21 Oct. 2017. DSAA is jointly supported by IEEE, ACM and American Statistical Association. It has strong inter-disciplinary and cross-domain culture, strong engagement of analytics, statistics and industry/government. Please refer to the conference web site at: http://www.dslab.it.aoyama.ac.jp/dsaa2017/. DSAA Special Session Big Data and Disaster Management (DSAA-BDDM) features on data science and analytics with special needs of disaster and emergency management.
2. Aims and scopeDisasters are events that require multiple-agency responses, and resources beyond the capability of a community. Natural disasters put tremendous threats to the lives of people, in addition to economic loss. Data and information collection, processing, analysis, and sharing are critical to disaster preparation, response, and recovery. Despite extensive prior research, there is still a great need for efficient and robust data/information analysis technology and system for emergency applications during disasters. This special session will provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange their newest research results on efficient and reliable mechanisms and technologies for data collection, analysis, decision making and information dissemination before, during, or after disasters.
3. Topics of interestRelevant topics are listed but not limited to the following researches for disaster/emergency/crisis management:
- Big data analytics - Data/information management - Data mining from huge sources - Social media and networks - Crowd sourcing - Sensory data processing - Resilient information networking - Big data/machine learning for situation detection - Prediction and early warning - Context-aware computing - Uncertainty and possibility adversity in data handling - Geographic information technology and system - Open source data and space based resources - Security and privacy issues in information sharing 4. SubmissionPlease follow the special session paper submission guidelines at http://www.dslab.it.aoyama.ac.jp/dsaa2017/cfsspapers/. Select the track “Special Session on Big Data and Disaster Management” on the submission website. Followings are some highlights: - Conference paper submissions should be limited to a maximum of 10 pages, in the IEEE conference format. - All paper submissions should be prepared for Double Blind reviewing. That is neither the reviewers are revealed nor the author information is disclosed. - All accepted papers will be published by IEEE and included in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. The conference proceedings will be submitted for EI indexing through INSPEC by IEEE. - Top quality papers accepted and presented at the conference will be selected for extension and invited to the special issues of International Journal of Data Science and Analytics (JDSA, Springer).
5. Important dates Submission deadline: May 25, 2017 Notification: July 25, 2017 Camera Ready: Aug. 15, 2017 Advanced Registration: Aug. 31, 2017 Conference: Oct. 19-21, 2017 6. Chairs Yusheng Ji, Professor, National Institute of Informatics, Japan Guoliang Xue, Professor, Arizona State University, USA ==================================================================== -- 北本 朝展 (KITAMOTO Asanobu) 国立情報学研究所 コンテンツ科学研究系 情報・システム研究機構 人文学オープンデータ共同利用センター http://agora.ex.nii.ac.jp/~kitamoto/ TEL : 03-4212-2578 / FAX : 03-4212-2612
- Prev by Date: [dbjapan] 2017年度「東芝・東芝ソリューション GridDB アカデミック支援プログラム」参加募集中（5月末まで）
- Next by Date: [dbjapan] 【参加登録締切: 6/12】SoC2017 参加募集（第8回ソーシャルコンピューティングシンポジウム）