   向けた最高速データベースエンジンの開発と当該エンジンを核とする
   戦略的社会サービスの実証・評価
後援 電子情報通信学会 データ工学研究専門委員会
後援 ACM SIGMOD Japan Chapter

日時 3月28日(木)
場所 東京大学生産技術研究所 中セミナー室6(R-6※食堂棟2階)
      http://www.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/map/index.html

午後15:00〜16:00
Speaker : Prof. P.Krishna Reddy (IIIT Hyderabad)
Title: eAgromet: A Prototype of an IT-based Agro-meteorological Advisory
System

午後17:00〜18:00
Speaker : Prof. Cyrus Shahabi (The University of Southern California )
Title: Geo-Immersion: A Data-Centric (Big-Data) Approach Towards Situational
Awareness

参加費 無料

皆様のご参加をお待ちしております。

                        FIRST : 研究代表者       喜連川 優
                        電子情報通信学会データ工学研究会 委員長
                             中野 美由紀

To: first_lecture [at] tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp

 講演会 参加申し込み

3月28日(木)の講演会に参加
・名前
・ご所属
プログラム

Speaker : Prof. P.Krishna Reddy (IIIT Hyderabad)
Title: eAgromet: A Prototype of an IT-based Agro-meteorological Advisory
System

India meteorological department (IMD) is disseminating agromet advisory
bulletins, which contain possible weather related risk mitigation
measures, to farmers and other stakeholders through about 130 Agro
Meteorological Field Units (AMFUs) spread allover India. The AMFUs
prepare district-level agromet bulletins based on weather forecast and
existing crop status information. The eAgromet is an IT-enabled
agro-meteorological advisory system. The objective of eAgromet is to
improve the efficiency of agromet advisory bulletin preparation and
dissemination process by exploiting advances in both agriculture and
information technologies. In this talk, I will discuss about  the
background, basic ideas, the components and functionality of the
eAgromet prototype.

Speaker : Prof. Cyrus Shahabi (The University of Southern California )
Title: Geo-Immersion: A Data-Centric (Big-Data) Approach Towards Situational
Awareness

In this talk, I first introduce the Integrated Media Systems Center
(IMSC), a graduated NSF Engineering Research Center at USC in the area
of multimedia.  The current research focus of IMSC is on a new
geo-socio-temporal computing paradigm, termed Geo-Immersion.
Geo-Immersion enables humans to capture, model and integrate real-world
data into a geo-realistic virtual replica of the world for situational
awareness.  It encompasses research in many interesting topics such as
multimedia, crowdsourcing, privacy, trust, geospatial and temporal data
management, etc. I will then present the IMSC’s three Geo-Immersive
applications in Intelligent Transportation, Intelligent Surveillance and
Intelligent Campus. I will use “Big Data” as the common theme across
these applications and discuss the various Big Data challenges we are
addressing under each application, including: 1) Big Data acquisition,
storage, and access (TransDec), 2) Big Data analytics (iWatch) and 3)
Big Data collection with geo-crowdsourcing (iCampus).

--
中野 美由紀	東京大学 生産技術研究所 戦略情報融合国際研究センタ
Miyuki NAKANO	Institute of Industrial Science, Univ. of Tokyo