日本データベース学会

dbjapanメーリングリストアーカイブ(2022年)

[dbjapan] Introducing PAMI (an open-source Python toolkit for pattern mining purposes)

Dear Database Society of Japan members,

Good day!

                Clustering, Classification, Prediction, and Pattern mining are four pillars of knowledge discovery in databases.  Many open-source Python tools exist to perform clustering, classification, and prediction tasks. Unfortunately, no proper tools exist to perform pattern mining tasks to our knowledge.

             To promote the field of pattern mining, we (myself, Prof. Masashi Toyoda, and Prof. Masaru Kitsuregawa, the University of Tokyo) have developed an open-source python library called PAttern MIning (PAMI).

            PAMI offers more than 70 pattern mining algorithms covering vast pattern types hidden in six different types of databases across multiple computing architectures. In addition, PAMI offers a command line interface, IDE support, Jupyter notebook support, and easy maintenance through Python Package Index.

       Interested researchers are requested to look at the following:

1) URL of the PAMI repository: https://github.com/udayRage/PAMI

2) Tutorials:

         Finally, we invite fellow pattern mining/data mining researchers to collaborate on developing the PAMI library.

--
Regards

Prof. Rage Uday Kiran
Associate Professor
Database Systems Lab
Division of Information Systems
University of Aizu, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan.

Lab number: 145-A

Mobile no. +81 80 4834 0999
Phone no. (Lab) +81 242 37 2541
                  (Ext) 3115

When people throw stones at you, convert them into milestones.