[dbjapan] IEEE IREHSS 2010: paper submission deadline is fast approaching!!
- To: dbjapan [at] gms.dbsj.org
- Subject: [dbjapan] IEEE IREHSS 2010: paper submission deadline is fast approaching!!
- From: " Eleonora Borgia" <eleonora.borgia [at] iit.cnr.it>
- Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:57:57 +0100
************Apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP************
Call for papers Second IEEE Workshop on Interdisciplinary Research on E-health Services and Systems IREHSS 2010 June 14, 2010 Montreal, QC Canada PAPER SUBMISSION EXTENDED DEADLINE: 6 March, 2010 ************************************************************************** In the last few years advances in wearable computing, bioengineering, wireless sensors networks, mobile devices and wireless communications have paved the way to new definitions of e-health systems, moving from original telemedicine systems to the integration of existent specialized medical technologies with pervasive technologies. However, even more work on this area is needed to obtain significant results in improving the Quality of Life of patients and reducing medical errors and costs. First of all, a strict interaction and cooperation among medical specialists and ICT experts is necessary to define correct requirements fore-health systems. Then, in order to effectively design and deploy reliable E-health systems, a strong cooperation among several diverse research areas of ICT is necessary (i.e., bioengineering, wearable sensors, wireless communications, data fusion and processing, decision support systems and others). This is fundamental to make E-health systems a reality, satisfying main requirements of reliability and effectiveness both all the involved perspectives perspective. IREHSS aims to provide a forum for the interaction of experts belonging to these different research areas, from wearable computing andubiquitous connectivity to context-awareness, sensor data fusion, artificial
intelligence, expert systems, databases, security and privacy. The main objective is to provide a forum for the interaction of these multiple areas as an important chance to discuss and understand what aspects have to be considered to provide effective E-health systems. Authors are invited to submit papers presenting new research related to E-health, not published or currently under review for another workshop, conference, or journal. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to: - Wearable and Implantable sensors for healthcare - Wireless communications in healthcare - Service and device discovery - Data fusion and context elaboration - Privacy and security issues in healthcare - Middleware for e-health - Energy Efficiency in health monitoring - Artificial intelligence and expert systems - User interface, usability and acceptability of e-health systems - Healthcare applications for clinicians - Home monitoring and ambient assisted applications for healthcare- Power Management and energy-efficient design in Wireless Body Area Networks
- System architecture and networking protocols for e-health systems - Medical data analysis, measurements and management - Modeling and performance evaluation - Semantic Web in Healthcare - Standards and frameworks Paper submission for regular papers must be limited to 6 pages including text, figures, references and appendices. They should be organized in IEEE proceedings format, with a font size of at least 10pt. Papers exceeding the maximum length of 6 pages will be automatically rejected. The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates, as well as related information, can be found at the IEEE Computer Society website http:// www.computer.org/portal/site/cscps/index.jsp . The submission will be entirely managed through EDAS (http://edas.info/N8548). In line with the previous edition, there will be NO workshop-only registration. Conference registration includes attendance to all WoWMoM associated workshops, CD proceedings, etc. Moreover, each workshop paper will need to have at least one author register at the FULL conference rate. The workshop papers will be included in the main WoWMoM proceedings and published by the IEEE. However, no-shows of accepted papers at the workshop will result in those papers NOT being included in the IEEE Digital Library. Extended versions of selected papers with special merit will be considered for a possible fast track publication on Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal (Elsevier). In addition, a possible free publication in the Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation (JNER, http:// jneuroengrehab.com ) could be available in case of a selection of special merit papers pertaining to the subject. Important Dates: Papers registration EXTENDED : March 3, 2010 Papers submission EXTENDED deadline: March 6, 2010 Acceptance Notification: April 5, 2010 Camera Ready deadline: April 20, 2010. See http://www.irehss.org/irehss2010/ for additional information or contact the workshop organizers at irehss2010-chairs [at] iit.cnr.it . ORGANIZING COMMITTEE General Co-Chairs: Franca Delmastro, IIT-CNR, Italy Alessandro Puiatti, SUPSI-DTI, Switzerland Program Co-Chairs: Paolo Bonato, Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, US Giovanni Pioggia, IFC-CNR, Italy Technical Program Commitee: Bert Arnrich, ETH Zurich Silvio Bonfiglio, FIMI Philips Eduard Babulak, The University of South Pacific, Fiji Diane Cook, Washington State University, USA Jamal Deen, McMaster University, Hamilton, CANADA Rune Fensli, University of Adger, Norway Anna Fönrster, Faculty of Informatics, University of Lugano, Switzerland Preetam Ghosh, The University of Southern Mississipi, USAMatthias Hauswirt, Faculty of Informatics, University of Lugano, Switzerland Nadia Khaled, School of Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
Marco Knaflitz, Electronic Department, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy Paul Lukowicz, University of Passau Oscar Majora, CREATE-NET, Trento, ItalyFilippo Molinari, Electronic Department, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
Marcello Mura, ALaRI, Faculty of Informatics USI, Lugano, Switzerland Daniele Puccinelli, SUPSI-DTI, SwitzerlandMaurizio Schmid, BioLab3 - Dept Applied Electronics, University Roma TRE, Roma, Italy
Salvatore Vanini, SUSPI-DTI, Switzerland Publicity Chair: Eleonora Borgia, IIT-CNR, Italy
- Prev by Date: [dbjapan] 筑波大学の教員公募のご案内
- Next by Date: [dbjapan] CFP -- ASONAM 2010 (Submission Deadline 15 March 2010)